Let me start with this: the high heel-a-thon is – as far as I know – a charity event and is basically all about having fun and breaking your ankle. Of course, the podium finishers get great prizes, like a new VW Jetta+$10.000 for the winner, $5000 for the runner-up and $2500 for the lady who finishes third.
This years event has been held on the 22nd September, hosted by Kelly Ripa, as usual. This time, also Kristin Chenoweth and AnnaLynne McCord were there, just like Johnny Weir, who participated in the men’s heat (!). 150 yards of fun 😀
Let’s say what some of the participants tweeted about this event:
- Tomorrow I’m on regis/kelly. Then kelly and I and annalynne do a high heel race. I’m scared.
- Did high heel (hell) run with Ripa. She is awesome. I came in 190th. Out 500 I think. CERAMI GIRLS saved me
- Cerami Grils thank you! We were a great team and u held me UP in my Louboutins!
- I came in last of the celebs! At least I won something! LAST! Hahahahha
- all I saw was Kelly Ripa’s butt! She is FASt!
- so glad I didn’t break my neck.
Johnny Weir had the following to say about it:
- I didn’t win the heel-a-thon but I tried my best! So proud that so many came out to run and support a great cause!
- I looked pretty! I so can’t run in five inch Louboutins. But my calves looked stellar while trotting! Xoxo
About the host, Kelly Ripa:
“I’m going to treat this like any sale at Barneys,” Ripa, who wore 3-inch, T-strap LaDuca dance shoes, joked before the race. “I’ve never worn a heel less than 6 inches [high, so] essentially, I’m running in a sneaker.”
A video about the race:
A similar event has been held in Leeds, UK, today, but that was a 1.5 mile route! If you’re interested, you can read more about that here.
So much about this topic, now I have a few collages about boots for you. These kind of boots have been worn by celebrities in September so far – there are a few ugly ones but thanks Lord nobody wore the Yeti-boots by Chanel so far 😀
Meanwhile, in Germany at Fashion’s Night Out in Berlin (top row):
I hope you’ve had a nice weekend, see you tomorrow!