A T T E N T I O N!
It is a long post but I hope it’s worth it 🙂
- Saks Fifth Avenue Celebrates Fashion’s Night Out
- Stuart Weitzman Launches New Website
- News from Jimmy Choo and the renaissance of the pointy toe
- Indirect shoe ads (pictures)
1. Saks Fifth Avenue Celebrates Fashion’s Night Out
“On September 10th, Saks Fifth Avenue will transform its New York flagship into fashion’s ultimate rock ‘n’ party, in celebration of Fashion’s Night Out.”
There will be a lot of activities with a few designers, models and celebrities invited, I mention parts of the press release here:
- Celebrate Donna Karan’s 25th Anniversary with the designer and surprise celebrity guests.
- Estée Lauder: Tom Pecheux, Creative Director, celebrates the Pure Drama of Pure Color with the Lauder models Constance Jablonski, Hilary Rhoda, Liu Wen and Carolyn Murphy.
- Make friendships bracelets with designer Charlotte Ronson and friends in her pop-up-shop and rock out as her friends DJ.
- Purchase or bring in your Rebecca Minkoff handbag and artist Logan Real will monogram your bag!
- Play bingo with host Karolina Kurkova and designers Chris Benz, Peter Som, Rachel Roy, and more.
- See Fashion Designers battle their sketching skills at a “Win, Lose or Draw” games between Christian Cota, Prabel Gurung, Zac Posen, Heidi Mount and Coca Rocha with VOGUE’s Meredith Melling Burke serving as game show host!
- Meet the Black Eyed Peas’ TABOO as he presents his the latest from his Taboo/Jump sneaker collaboration and shares inside tips on styling like a rock star.
- Join Sergio Rossi’s Creative Director, Francesco Russo, rock ‘n’ roll fashion royalty, Alexandra and Theodora Richards and DJ Rachel Chandler in SFA’s 10022-SHOE Department for a private, VIP selling session from 6-7pm. Two exclusively-signed SERGIO ROSSI shoes will make their special appearance at the lounge, including: the over-the-knee, stack heel CHELSEA BOOT and the CACHET, a sky-high, peep-toe, platform stiletto in a variety of unique Saks Fifth Avenue colors. The lounge will be open to all from 7-11pm.
- Meet fashion’s rock stars Victor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren of Victor & Rolf and experience an exciting art installation created by the forward-thinking duo, as OK Go’s Damian Kulash DJs.
- Play darts with designer Simon Spurr and Gossip Girl’s Ed Westwick.
- Play Fashion Pictionary with designer Christian Siriano and his friends.
– Would anyone buy me a plane ticket so I could get there? 🙂 –
2. Stuart Weitzman Launches Company-Owned Website with New Contemporary Look
Their statement says, “The website showcases the merchandise with modern details like 360 degree rotation with zoom, in motion video featuring styles on a model, fit and care tips as well as trend boutiques. It boasts new, advanced technologies like single page checkout and user-friendly navigation and movement, making the site both fun and easy to shop.”
3. News from Jimmy Choo and the renaissance of the pointy toe
Though summer might be over, one could use these pairs on nights that aren’t too cold:
During the Fall/Winter shows this spring, we could see that pointy toe pumps will be having a renaissance. Prada, Giles, Louis Vuitton, Valentino and a few more brands decided to bring it back. We could say it’s official since Jane of Sea of Shoes already showed her pair by Prada.
In case you don’t like these brands, you could buy your pair at Jimmy Choo:
or at Stuart Weitzman:
4. Indirect shoe ads
The best place to promote shoes, however, must be television. No wonder that guests in various talk shows appear always pretty, wearing trendy shoes. Here’s a little compilation of them.
Kim Cattrall on Fallon wearing Brian Atwood:
Scarlett Johansson on Leno wearing Christian Louboutin:
Amber Valletta on Lopez wearing Nicholas Kirkwood:
Kim Kardashian on Leno wearing YSL:
Kim also uses Twitter very well to promote herself in the first line and this time also Christian Louboutin. You can see her in this outfit on the new cover of Prestige magazine.
Emma Roberts on Leno back in February, HQ picture:
Jessica Alba in HQ as well:
Megan Fox on Leno wearing Sergio Rossi, HQ picture:
A high quality picture of her having a good time with Conan:
That’s all for now, have a nice weekend!